Friday, June 21, 2013

My Opinion on Blogging

Oh God Damn... I hate it. So much. I was never one for journaling. So why do I have a blog then? Well apparently, it's good for writers (or, in my case, aspiring writers) to keep blogs. Apparently, if you're a wholly unknown writer, it's a good way to build a readership. Am I being too transparent? Ah well, we share everything on the internet these days, right? For example: I have a headache. Roman is having and okay day. Went to the gas station and bought a coke zero. Raise the roof.

At any rate, I hope I can stick with a blog this time. I mean, I guess this thing has its uses too. I can try things out, see if they work. Hell, someone might actually read this. And then I'll probably have to be more appropriate with my language. Screw it.

I should probably introduce myself to whomever might read this. My name is Matt, I'm studying English and Writing at a university in Southern Oregon. I want to be a writer someday, but for now I'm planning on becoming a high school English teacher. Currently, I'm a resident assistant (RA) in the SOU residence halls.

Since this is still all about me: I write realistic fiction--short stories. I'd like to write fantasy one day, and maybe I'll try a few things out when it comes to that. Alright. I think I bared my soul enough for one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment